Sunday, January 22, 2006

one down, 3 more to go...

I finished one mitt this morning, just have to hide the ends... and since I was supposed to make Albert some thrummed mitts and never did and I can do my own design for these, I'm planning on making some with a deer or some deer tracks... or a moose maybe?? I'll see what kind of free charts I can find..

here's the mitt:

even tho I screwed up the thumb placement I think it turned out alright and actually like the snowflake pattern on the inside of the mitt, I've already cast on for the second, and with it being only 1:30pm there's a good chance it might get done today!!

I really have to work on tension tho... it's not to bad, I think my biggest problem is that I don't leave enough looseness when I carry over the yarn, over all it's not bad tho, for a first try with colorwork.

1 comment:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I think the mitten turned out good. I like the colour you chose to go with the white...pretty.