Sunday, March 09, 2008

Spring Fling Coffee and Yarn Swap Questionaire

Coffee
1. What is your preference? Whole beans or ground? I do have a grinder... so either would work, I'm not picky.
2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy? A rich, bold roast; a light, fresh one, or something in between? Leaded or non? I like a med roast, full of caffine!!
3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up? not nabob..lol... I had a mocha java that I liked.I'm still new at the whole "what kinda coffee do you like thing?" but something regular I do know I'm not one for flavored coffee.
4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both? caffine in the mornings... and to "get away" at work..lol
5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? nope How about add-ins or flavored creamers? yes please...
6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup? a super large mug!
7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it! I make one cuppa in the morning... is a big ole dollar store mug, no cream or sugar... just 2 spoons of instant hot chocolate mix... I sit here and catch up with blogs and friends.
8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company? home made cookies are good... or brownies with no icing... I'm not one for things that are too sweet... and biscotti's are oh so yummy too!!
Yarn
1. Do you knit or crochet? I do both, but I perfer to knit and I spin too.
2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with? a good super wash wool... esp for socks!!
3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now? I think I'm going to pick up my kauni cardi again... and socks are always on the needles.
4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? What about those that you'd never find in your stash? I like bright colors and neutrals.. I'm outta my dark colors faze.
5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? I love my knitpicks options... I want to try out the harmony ones some day too... and I also like the shorter bamboo needles, they are super good for scarves! Any you just detest?I don't think so... I don't have much choice.. so I love the ones I have!
6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? I can always use a new tape measure... I have a dog that likes to eat/chew things to death! Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan? I do have some fav st markers... but you can never have enough small light markers... I do have enough notebooks to last till my kids are done school...
7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with? Oooo... either the sock yarn, you know to add to my collection ;) or the worsted weight yarn... it would make good mitts and hat.... no cotton tho, unless it's for a dichcloth.
Spring
1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are? spring is coming slowly... it's -2c here today and it's going to be nicer tomorrow... but there is still loads of snow on the ground... they keep saying it's coming... but when I don't know?
2. What's your favorite spring flower? Do you have one? I like dandilions...yeah weird I know.... but they are strong... you cut them down and they just come back shorter and stronger... and full of color. I browse ebay and etsy looking for dandilion things....
3. What do you most look forward to about springtime? no snow!! and when the trees start to bud out... pretty!! birds start chirping, babies are being born... you know stuff like that.
4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day? sitting on the deck with a cuppa coffee and knitting... watching the neighbours doing yard work ;P
5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? not really... I'll probally be at work...lol How do you spend that day? ok so if I'm not at work.. I'll be inside watching TV either spinning or knitting... or blogging...what helps cheer you up? e-mail from the peeps
Odds n Ends
1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles?I collect everything... altho I try not to... I do have a little collection of sheepy things alpaca too and dandilions
2. Are you allergic to anything? nope
3. Do you have pets? yes, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 1 hamster, 3 alpacas and fish
4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro? I'm a pro baby! What are the last 2 swaps you participated in?the winterwonderland coffee swap and the international tote exchange 4... most of them are in my sidebar
5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them. #1 there's always something funny/creative happening at Shutup, I'm counting, and she always tell it like it is! #2 Jane has been a great friend... I met her in the tote exchange 2 or 3 I think... just check out some of the work she does.. beautiful!! and #3 does Ravelry count??

1 comment:

sasksak said...

If you are just going to sit there and watch me work...I'm leaving!=)