Monday, January 26, 2009

supper

tonight for supper I was planning to make chicken wings... but what to make with it... plain ole spuds?? boring rice... AGAIN??


nope not tonight


this is what I made:

and it's so good I'm passing on the recipe to you!


Rice, Vege's and Beans


1/2 onion - chopped fine

1 celery stick - chopped fine

1 garlic clove - chopped fine

1 1/2 carrots - about 1 cup?? chopped - I used the largest grater


add 1 spoon butter and 1/2 tbsp ( or more to your liking) black pepper pepper blend

into pan and cook until tender

drain one can diced tomatoes or about 1 1/2 cups and

drain 1 can kidney beans

add these into the pan and continue to cook until heated

add 2 cups water and bring to a boil

add 2 cups instant rice, stir, place lid on and take off of heat.

leave for 10 mins or so until rice is done.

serve...


everyone liked it here, except for Naiomi who didn't even try it cuz it looked "gross" or something like that.


and I finished a hat today... just a plain jane hat for Polly




want the pattern??


I'll add it to the patterns blog and to ravelry too.


I did finish another pair of slippers too


and did you see... on my running stitches??


I'm up to 40 kms... I think I just might reward myself with a little yarn or something when I get to 60 kms ;)


what do you think??


sounds good to me!


and everyone wave or say HI to Albert.


he's into reading my blog lately.


lol


;)



catchya later

2 comments:

Suburban Hooker said...

mmmmmm........sounds yummy, will make some tonight!!!
Thanks for your recipe Vicky.
Love the hat and slippers!!!

Hi Albert, I'm Sally from Michigan!!

Fran said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

Purple is also my favourite colour - I love the name of your blog.