Monday, December 28, 2009

so december has come and just about gone...

Hey all... thought I should blog a little while Naiomi is bugging me to go out sledding...lol... thats what we're going to do this afternoon. ;)

I've been knitting (and crocheting) like a mad woman this december...
most ppl got something hand crafted... DJ and Allie got these to go to the IIHF world jr hockey game dec 28 ( today, if your reading this right now) Canada vs Switzerland
it's my own pattern with cables running up the sides and I tacked the maple leaf on, I did have a thought of stranded work for the maple leaf.. but with having to get these done in 3 days I needed something fairly simple... I just started them dec 24th and finished them last night.
thats a lot of knitting in 3 days..lol

Naiomi's been asking for hedgehogs for a while now... so I thought I'd crochet some for her...I made 2 in 3 hours.. and killed my wrists in the process... crocheting is fast but knitting is way easier on my hands! well I must say she was NOT impressed but Steven enjoyed them!
DJ has a new little brother.. not made by me..lol... her bio-dad and his wife had a little boy the beginning of dec and I made them this little set. I think it's adorable... DJ made him a bluejean blanket and some cutsie sewn booties.


and with the spirit of christmas... one of our customers at work came by and handed us this:


how sweet of her... we we're having a shit day... but that turned the whole day better...

Steven recieved this for christmas:
I call him Lenard.. Steven calls him Yo Gabba Gabba, I guess it kinda looks like that??


Well I'm off to go sledding... Hope you all had a fun and safe holiday!!


4 comments:

Ariel said...

Everything is so cute and Lenard made me smile. His colors reminded me of Sulley on Monsters Inc.

Susie said...

Oooh! He could be Lenard "Juno" who happens to be Muno's cousin from Alaska! He's adorable!

Hepsi said...

Oh such lovely knittings!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

love the knits!!

and those hedgehogs are gorgeous!!

where did 2009 go? its like we blinked and it farted past.