Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We *heart* Dr. Rob... aka Lucys BIG day!!

well yesterday was a quite a day...
I got to stay home and watch Lucy all day...
and what I seen wasn't very good...
she was straining to poop... I seen this a couple times and when Albert came home we went to have a look...
she didn't have a hole to poop with!!!
OMG
I phoned Dr. Rob and he said to bring her in at 6:30 last night.
he also told us that he doesn't know until he starts the surgery is he can save her or not... he said that when they're born like that that part of their rectum is missing too.. sometimes he can help and sometimes he can't, but he'll give it a try.
we tell the girls and neither of them wanted to come with so gramma came to be with them.. we left with them them crying and Sierra crying too.
so we get there early and have to wait about 1/2 hour, SO when Dr. Rob comes he numbs her bum up and gives her a painkiller.. sets up his tools and has at it... but the thing was that we had to hold onto Lucy... I was doing ok... the blood didn't bother me, but it was when he started cutting... just the sound made me sick... I was going to pass out... I told ALbert to hold on to her and I had to go and sit down... good thing I did, by the time I got to the chairs I was feeling very dizzy, I took a couple deep breaths and was soon feeling better.
Dr. Rob and Albert finished up and I went in to look...
she now had a poop chute!!
he said that he had to cut a bit deeper then he thought to find the intestine, but he got a hold of it and sewed things together.
kinda a funny moment when Dr. Rob reached in with his long tweezer tool to show me that it's open and and he gets a bit of poop in it and sniffs it... "yep, sure does smell like poop" he says....lol
he said she'll probally be just fine and the stitches will come out on their own, we just have to give her vege oil 2 to 3 times a day to keep things flowing softly for about a week or so and to wash the area twice a day...
We pack Lucy into the van had head home... I phoned the girls and they were so happy to hear that we're bring home Lucy with us.
By the time we got home she was ready to run and play.. and eat... as soon as we put her back in the pen, she ran to sierra and latched on... I bet Sierra felt better too!!
While trying to get Sierra to the barn later, Lucy went running with Lloyd, we grabbed her quick so she doesn't rip her stitches, we're going to keep them in the pen for about a week so she can heal up.
But with all her spunk I bet she'll be just fine...

4 comments:

sara said...

I *heart* Dr. Rob, too! Glad she's home!

Jane said...

OMG! No hole to poop with - that is a big problem! I'm so glad that Dr. Rob was able to fix her and she is back home playing happily!

Roe said...

OMG! Poor Lucy! I'm so glad all went well and she's happy and healthy! :) Love the sweater!

Deb said...

So thankful to see that Lucy will be pooping without problems. Bless Dr Rob for his expertise!
She's soooooooo cute in that sweater! :)