Thursday, August 02, 2007

I'm not dumb

I know it's +35c and we're sweating like pigs here,
BUT
I also know it's going to get cold.... really cold!!
I'm getting ready:

a top down bulky raglan sweater
I bought the yarn off of eBay yrs ago with a sweater in mind.
no particuar pattern but just a sweater for winter.
I have 1200 yrds of wool/acrylic
it's soft and squooshy
and I can't wait till it's cold enough to wear!!
I thought at first I might not have enough but I'm just about at the armholes and have only used 2 skeins... I'm sure I'll have enough!!
I'm going to do a teeny bit of waist shaping to it too, but leaving it big enough to wear for a cooler day as a jacket.
it's going pretty fast and I should be done soon!
stay tuned.
and in other news I have my Virtual Vacation pkg just about ready to go... I was out and about today picking up some little things for it.
I really hope my partner likes it!
It's been fun keeping in touch with both of them!!
till next time....

1 comment:

Deb said...

I love the yarn! Looks like it will keep you squooshy warm this winter.
I'm planning on making a top down raglan for my son for Christmas from recycled tweed wool. First I need to get these UFOs out of the way. It's getting hard to live with myself when I keep starting new projects without finishing old ones. Is that a sign of something? Obsession compulsive startitis maybe? LOL!