Sunday, October 30, 2005

Socktoberfest socks are complete!!

I can't believe that I actually finished them before the end of the month... Lats night was the cruncher tho... I stayed up till 1am working on the foot of the second sock, and got it ready for the morning to turn the heal... they just came off the needles 5 mins ago!! I love them and they both fit very well...




Stats:
I used Nicola's Chevron Sock Pattern (only making it a toe up)
but if your a tight knitter like me... use a size bigger needles ;~)
also I used the short row heal from the now no longer there "oz yarn" site, no wrapping of the stitches!! I love it!
I used 2.75mm needles
and Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn in Fall Folliage( the perfect color for socktober sock I think)
Hats off to Lolly for creating Socktoberfest!!

2 comments:

Nikki in Niagara said...

Love your socks! Great colour choice! - Nicola

chris said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous socks!! So PERFECT for Halloween!! Great job on finishing Socktoberfest with a bang! I kind of went out with a whimper, but it was still great fun. Again, fantastic socks- Happy Socktober! :-)