Sunday, October 09, 2005

just about turkey day..

I've been working on socks... yarn from knit picks, they're "low rise" socks so at the moment I have one just about done, about another inch to go then some ribbing and cast off.

I started a hat for DJ, she spun the thick and thin and I plied it for her useing some wool I have spun thin, she dyed it using kool aid, I hope I get it done before the snow flies!
She also has to do a presentation at school.... you wanna know what she's going to talk about??
FIBER!
(thatta girl)
in these little baggies are diff fibers she wants to take and she wants to show them how to spin too, so I'll have to take the morning off of work to take in my wheel.

In spinning news, I found some llama I won off of eBay a couple months ago, great deal $9 cdn for 1 lb , will probally make mittens.

and here's about 2.75 pounds of un-knit Rogue sweater, I have to spin up about 300 yrds of 2 ply before I'll have enough, I don't want to start until then.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: